Thursday, March 20, 2014

Solana's Appliance

And we have a orthodontic patient in the family. Solana was pretty excited to get her new appliance in January. Is it just me or does she look really little in this picture?


As they placed it she kept licking the icky glue stuff they used to cement it in there. It made her gag. Here she is a little worse for wear but still hangin' in there.

Meet Solana's new expander.

The first couple of days were a little rough. She was sore for a bit but didn't complain too badly. I think I had the hardest time handling all the slurping and slurred speeech. I swear, I have this weird thing about mouth sounds. They are so annoying to me! LOL! But we made it though and she's now about to speak normally again.

We even went for a checkup a couple of weeks ago and you can already see the changes in her mouth. The only bad part about the expander is that there's a space between the roof of her mouth and the appliance where food can get caught. She got a popcorn kernel stuck in there once and couldn't even get it out with the water pic! Poor thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna treat her to a hardcore gangbang