Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Some Outfits I've Sewn

I've been sewing like crazy and the new serger that Dave and my parents bought for my birthday has helped a lot! Here are a few of my recent projects:

 A skirt for Kelly's 8th birthday! She likes goth and purple. Ii had a hard time with the goth but she seems pleased. Check out that pose!!!

A top for Chloe. This was my first top with straps! And her patch even matches...


 Flannel winter skirts for the girls. These were my first attempts at ruffles. I never knew how much work went into making ruffles!! Yowza! But I think it'll be easier now with my serger. 

 A birthday skirt for Mia's 9th birthday. She calls her style "Tomboy Girly." I think I nailed it. I know that she wore it to her birthday party but haven't gotten a picture of her in it, yet.

The first piece I've ever made for myself (besides pajama bottoms). This was actual a test piece for a pattern designer and I was really excited when she used my picture on her Etsy site.

This skirt for Solana is made from one of Dave's old shirts plus the scraps from my skirt. I'm particularly excited about this creation because 1) she looks adorable and 2) I used materials that would have otherwise gone to waste!

No comments: