Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dork of the Year

The first day of school for Centerville is today! The Summer flew by but the girls are anxious to get to school and I'm anxious to get back onto a routine. It's difficult to get workouts in with the girls home so I'm squeezing into my clothes, the house is also in disarray, and paperwork is piled up to my eyebrows on the computer desk. The mornings before school want to be chaotic so I was a bit nervous about this morning. But somehow we made it outside in plenty of time without any frazzled nerves. I was feeling mighty proud. Solana happily skipped onto her bus and I waited with Chloe for her bus to arrive.

But a strange thing happened. Her bus drove by in the wrong direction and on the other side of the street. It usually stops at our driveway. Then, even stranger, it kept on driving right past us. It was a bit chilly out this morning and Chloe got cold after we had been outside for fifteen minutes so I was holding her. I waved frantically while precariously holding my almost 4 year-old with one arm. The bus stopped a few houses down and I started walking toward it with Chloe in my arms. The Aid popped out and speed-walks over to us, "There's no Pre-School. It doesn't start until the 21st. The bus driver is calling to check but that's what we read on our bulletin board today."

Super Duh. I felt so stupid. "Are you kidding me? I don't know how I missed that! Thanks for stopping and telling me!"

Actually, I know exactly how I missed that. I didn't pay close enough attention to the letter from school that came a couple of weeks ago. I was so preoccupied worrying that Chloe got into the correct school this year that I completely overlooked the line stating the first day of school for Pre-School! It's a whole week later! Poor Chloe was all ready to go to school but she's sitting next to me now happily playing in her doll house so I think she'll be ok. We'll probably stop by the school today so she can visit her classroom.

I'm sure I have bills to pick up, anyway. I'm the PTO Treasurer this year - part of the reason I have a huge pile of paperwork waiting for me at home. But I'll talk about that in another post. It's a story.

1 comment:

Holbergs said...

Well, the girls are both in school now. Is your house immaculate, clothes fitting perfectly, and the pile of paperwork vanished? Exactly! Hahahahahaha!!!