Friday, June 10, 2011

Solana Finishes Kindergarten

It's no joke. Time flies. It seems like just yesterday I put Solana on the school bus for the first time and was surprised that I actually got a little choked up as the yellow bus drove off with my little girl. Since then Solana has grown and learned so much! I can't believe how well she reads and writes! I'm almost certain I wasn't reading like her when I was in Kindergarden. During conferences several weeks ago her teacher told me she's reading above grade level and said, "Solana's wonderful. You're very lucky." When I relayed this comment to Dave he jokingly asked if I told her, "No. You're very lucky." :-) She loves seeing her friends and teachers but still runs up to me and gives me a hug when she gets off the bus. (Ok, I sort of bribe her by spinning her when she jumps into my arms.)

Solana is friendly (never met a stranger and says "bye" to every single person, addressing them by name, on the way out of school), thoughtful (upset when a classmate called the custodian names), well-liked (every single kid hangs out of the bus to wave to her after school), kind (happy to pour half her bubbles into the bottle of a boy who spilled his during the class party), and smart as all get out! We're very proud of you Solana! Our big first grader!

First Day of School

Last Day of School. Her face is ever so slightly longer. Her legs are definitely longer!

First bus ride. A little timid.

Last Kindergarden Bus Ride. Blowing kisses to her friends while exiting!

LOVE.HER.

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

Unbelievable. Year one. Down. Over and out. Solana is SO GREAT!! I wish we could have a playdate!!!!! Does she do light sabers? Tanner plays house when pressed :)