Saturday, June 18, 2011

Determined Daredevil

Chloe is giving Dave and me little heart attacks. She's practicing walking constantly and will spontaneously let go and walk through the living room on her own. This is fine. Except that she insists on walking toward the coffee table, end table, piano bench, entertainment center....anything that would hurt really really badly if she fell face first into it. Our once innocent living room is now a danger zone and Dave and I find ourselves sprinting to and fro every time she unexpectedly decides to go on a little adventure!

But not to worry. We can take comfort in the fact that, in just a couple of days, I'll whisk the girls away to Texas. We'll stay at my parents' house where they have all tile floors on the main level and a luxurious STONE coffee table. From there we'll fly to Mexico. Chloe can practice her fledgling toddling skills around the resort: at the pool...or in our suite... If I recall correctly, there's no rug or carpet to be seen anywhere in the place. Maybe she can catch herself on the pointy steps that lead up into the hot tub...?

My friend, Megan, recently posted about some cute knee pads she bought for her son. I figured the knee pads would be great for Chloe since she'll be crawling around on tile for our entire week in Mexico. I was thrilled when they arrived in the mail but she's spent more time on her feet than her knees the past few days. Maybe we should buy her a helmet, instead...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been considering some kind of mouth guard for Daphne. She has fallen on her face and bitten through her lip twice. Last time she was trying to stand on her head like Daddy....

Megan B ♥ said...

Such a dangerous time in their toddling little lives!!!!