Saturday, January 7, 2012

Getting Better

Chloe's a little better today. She spent the entire day Friday in my arms. I think she literally walked about 4 steps all day. I was giving her tiny sips of Gatorade and Pedialyte all day. By dinner time she was ready for some rice. Then we tried a few crackers and apple sauce. She did ok.

She got sick again this morning after some apple sauce so we went back to fluids only. She hates drinking anything other than her bottle so I was surprised at her cooperation with Gatorade Friday. That honeymoon period officially ended Friday evening. She was personally offended when I put water in her bottle this morning. She decided she REALLY hates drinking Gatorade and Pedialyte. We tried the straw method, the begging method, the cup method, the freeze it method, the pour it in her mouth while she's wailing method (I don't recommend that one, by the way). We finally got some down by offering her tiny bits of crackers after a sip. I estimate she drank about 8 ounces of fluid today.

She kept peeing little bits in her diaper and she had tears when she cried so I think she's ok. We'll probably try a bottle tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Chloe! I hope she is feeling much better, and that the rest of the family has resisted the bug.