Wednesday, October 31, 2012

That's What Chloe Said - October

We put a gate at Chloe's bedroom door so that she can't get out of her room at night. It especially comes in handy when she doesn't want to go to sleep. Lately, this is often. She'll stand at the gate yelling at us.  Here are some of my recent favorites:

"Daddy! Daddy! Will you turn my light on?" "No Chloe. It's sleepy time." "Daddy! I need my light on. Daddy, will you bring me my step stool so I can turn my light on?" "No." "Daddy! Can Uncle Jer....umm...ummm...Maybe Uncle Jer can turn my light on!"

"Mommy!  Mommy! I need a time-out. I need a time-out Mommy! I need my time out chair."

10/21/12 Dave texted me from home:
Minnie and mickey are playing and we were talking about minnie's glasses. Somehow it turned to a doctor check-up, Chloe says "I have a diagnosis! You have Eye-ee-osis."

10/22/12 Dave brought sandwiches home for dinner and cut Chloe's up into little pieces. When I walked to the table I saw all of her tiny little sandwiches on her plate and thought they were just adorable.
Me: Awwwww. Look at all those tiny little sandwiches...
Chloe cut in: Yeah, they're soo cute! Just like I'M (patting her chest) so cute!

10/29/12
-Come on Chloe! Let's go find Daddy.
-Yeah! Where is that boy?

Chloe loves wearing skirts and dresses (and even shirts with flared bottoms). Every time she wears one she declares, "I'm a princess!" or "I'm a true princess!" It's darling. The cuteness fades, though, when it's time to take the princess clothing off and get dressed for bed. At that point she tugs at it crying, "No Mommy! Don't take my princess dress! I need to be a princess!!" You have to have balance in everything, right?

No comments: