Sunday, December 4, 2011

Decorating the Christmas Tree

The girls and I started decorating the Christmas tree on Friday before Dave got home from work. I flipped on the TV to the Christmas music station and we began.

Chloe ran to the TV, stood in front of it, and started her toddler dance. You know the one. The one where they sort of bend their knees and stick their bottom out over and over to the beat. She was thrilled. She squealed, grinned, giggled, spun around in circles, and danced.

Meanwhile, I was untangling those little paperclip-ey hooks and Solana began digging through the box of ornaments. Every time she pulled one out she'd say something like, "Oh I remember this one!" "Mommy, do you remember this one I made for you and Daddy? Wasn't it your favorite?" "Oooooh. I loooove this one. It was from when..." She just went on and on and had something to reminisce or say about every one she pulled out. It was so sweet.

When Dave got home he joined in on the action. And of course he lifted Solana to the top to put the star on. It was such a happy tree decorating moment. I loved it so much and I'm glad the girls, did, too.

No comments: