Friday, August 31, 2012

That's What Chloe Said - August


In the van on the way home from Texas Monty was trying to get the Cheerios that Chloe was dropping in her seat. "Daddy! Monty's going to eat my butt!"
-----------------------------
New way to get what she wants: "Pleeeeeeease." It's worked a few times already and I wonder how much longer it will last. It's darn cute.
--------------------------
When I tell her to do something: "Ok Mommy. What you say so."
-------------------------
Favorite phrase of the month: "Where ______ going?"
-Mommy, where you going? Where am I going? Where is Solana going? Where is Daddy going?
She asks this when we're not even going anywhere. I'm trying to teach her to say, "Where is Daddy?" but it's just not sticking. So, for now, we're always wondering where people are going. 
And if she's on her way to do something naughty she'll say, "Mommy, where I going?"
---------------------------
Chloe is practicing her ability to disagree. She'll disagree and say "no" to something even if she wants it. For example:
 I checked out Pete the Cat from the library because her teacher said the class really liked the book. Excited to show it to her I expected her reaction to be something along the lines of, "Mommy! I know that book from school! I love Pete the Cat!" But when I showed it to her she didn't seem to recognize it. Then I suggested we read it before nap. She ran away and hid crying out, "No Mommy! No Mommy! Don't read Pete the Cat!" Confused, "Ok then Chloe. What do you want to read?" "Ummm. Pete the Cat." Then she happily ran back, sat on my lap, and participated in the story.
---------------------------
If we're telling her to do something she doesn't want to do: "Don't talk to me Mommy! Daddy stop talking!"
--------------------------
Chloe's turning naughty. By the way, I've started using time-outs when she refuses to do as I say. Usually it's because she doesn't want to get ready for bed or doesn't want to come to the table to eat. She runs away and hides. She doesn't like time-out but I guess they're working because as soon as I sit her in time-out she starts begging to do the thing I wanted her to do anyway. I'm pretty sure in this picture she's saying, "Mommy, I don't want time-out! I want to lay down for you to change my diaper!"

No comments: