Thursday, August 18, 2011

Another Solana

We were at the pediatrician's office today in the waiting room. Solana wandered over to the bookshelf, which is in the same room but behind a wall so that I couldn't actually see her. All of the sudden I heard a woman say, "Solana, come and wait over here." And she said it in a stern Mommy voice. Weird.

I jumped up ready to pounce on whomever spoke to Solana that way. But I only saw a woman chasing her 3 year-old around and Solana happily reading books in front of the bookshelf. Hmmm. I could have sworn I heard her name. Then, "Solana, come over here."

I asked the woman, "What is her name?" "Solana." "That's MY daughter's name!" We finally met our first 'other' Solana! That was so crazy! The mom was equally as excited as I was to finally have met another Solana so I didn't feel silly at all for reacting so. The girls seemed less than impressed, though. I almost wanted to get her phone number as she left the office. I didn't want to let her go. Hahaha!

4 comments:

carol anne said...

I forget to tell you, the concierge at the hotel we stayed at next to Legoland -- her name was Solana! She was not as thrilled with the connection as I was though... Did you ever see the pics I took of Solana Beach? LOL

Melissa said...

That is awesome! It is a beautiful name. Lucy finds other little Lucy's occasionally. There is one in her camp group. So our Lucy is now Lucy H. She found a Lucie when we were in Provincetown last month and the two became fast friends. It was adorable.

Cyndi Hendrickson said...

Carol - I need to check out those pictures. I never manage to get over to Picasa these days!
Mel - I can just see Lucy getting excited about another girl with her name. She's precious. I wonder if Solana would have been excited had the other Solana been her age...or had she not been reading...

Holbergs said...

I remember when I was little and I met another "Leticia". It's a cool thing! Solana probably would have been more excited meeting a Chloe or Leila!