Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chloe is Two Today!!!

Our little princess is two years old today. I know I should take a moment to talk about how sweet and wonderful she is...how much of a blessing she is...how we love and adore her...how she's come such a long was from her 1lb 7oz itty bitty self...how she's overcome and persevered...perhaps I should reminisce about her entrance into this world. I shall not.

On the contrary, I will tell you how Chloe welcomed US to her terrible 2's. You're not gonna believe this!

Solana starts school tomorrow and this is the first time she'll be leaving for school early in the morning - she did afternoon pre-k and kingergarden. My plan is to give Chloe a bottle and then focus on getting Solana ready and out the door. Chloe can entertain herself with her bottle and then toys in her crib for 30 minutes. We've been practicing for a week. So this morning I change her diaper and leave her pajama bottoms off because she feels a little warm. I give her a bottle and leave her for about 10 minutes. When I return she has ripped off her diaper, filled her crib with poop marbles, apparently rolled around on top of them, flung two of the larger marbles out of the crib, and has quite possibly tasted one. Aaaaahhhhh!

This kid is taking us on a wild ride. I just know it!

P.S. And to top it all off, Monty came to investigate the commotion and ate a marble off the floor while Solana and I screamed at him in horror. (In case you don't know, Monty is our dog.)

6 comments:

Emily and Troy Williams said...

What is it about these preemie girls that make them such bad fannies?? I had to take Katherine to the doctor yesterday because she rolled off the couch onto the hardwood floor. After I recovered from my heart attack, I had to marvel at Miss Adjusted Age 2 days having that much momentum! (She's fine btw)

carol anne said...

ROTFLOL
Way to go Chloe!

xoxo

The Hillbergs said...

We call that a "Poopy Picasao". Nice.

Holbergs said...

That story was just as funny today as yesterday. Although, hearing you tell it so dramatically on the phone took the cake!

I'm buying Chloe marbles for Christmas! j/k

Granny Viv said...

Dang - I missed another birthday! Happy Belated Birthday Chloe.

Love ya "Aunty Viv" & "Uncle KC"

Megan B ♥ said...

Hee hee! Naughty little toddler!